Bookkeeping & accounting
The last thing you want in your business is to have valuable time and resources tied up with routine bookkeeping and accounting.
That's something we can do for you, either at your office or at ours.
We begin by discussing your specific requirements with you and then we set up appropriate accounting procedures and controls and ensure your accounts are kept fully up-to-date and in compliance with statutory regulations.
But we don't stop there. We can also provide you with regular management accounts to keep you informed on essential areas such as:
- Performance ratios
- Customer activity
- Credit control
- Budget comparisons
In addition we can also relieve your staff of the burden of:
- Payroll administration
- VAT returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Annual accounts
- Annual Tax Returns
It is often said that, "Failing to plan is planning to fail."
As a business owner you have no doubt been reminded on more than one occasion of the importance of business planning. And no doubt you agree that planning is important.
And yet in all probability you rarely seem to find the time to sit down and develop strategic plans but end up flying by the seat of your pants, trusting your intuitions and relying on snap judgments rather than adhering to a pre-arranged strategy.
Not that we would deprecate such intuitions. Experience has taught us that it is precisely this 'sixth sense' that many business owners and managers seem to possess that is the driving force behind entrepreneurship - and we have learned to take it seriously.
But the planning is important. Without sound analysis, clear projections, and well-thought out contingencies, businesses tend to become hostages to fortune.
Proactive management is replaced by reactive coping, and instead of following a well-thought-out plan, owners and managers are reduced to responding to unforeseen events, or trying to catch up on missed opportunities.
This is why we encourage our clients to schedule regular planning sessions. We can help you:
- Formulate and implement long-term strategic goals
- Set concrete operational objectives
- Monitor performance and adjust plans accordingly
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you put together a road map that will keep your business on course.
You want to start a business because you are an entrepreneur with a great idea and the vision to realise it, then we're here to help you do just that.
We want you to focus on what you do best - building your business - while we provide all the necessary background support.
Here are just a few of the ways we can help you get started:
- Preparing a comprehensive business plan
- Determining the best structure of your business: sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership, or limited company
- Where appropriate, assisting with company formation and company secretarial duties
- Registering your new business with the HM Revenue & Customs.
- Establishing relationships with banks, insurers, etc
- Preparing cashflow projections and assessing finance needs
- Preparing and submitting finance applications
- General bookkeeping, VAT, and payroll duties
- Tax planning
- Management accounts
- Annual accounts and Tax returns
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you get your business up and running.
The Companies Act requires companies to submit various documents within strict time limits.
Not only is this a considerable administrative burden, failure to comply can result in potentially severe penalties for directors.
We can relieve you of both the burden and the worry by helping with your Company Secretarial duties. Our service includes:
- Preparing and filing accounts and annual returns
- Maintaining statutory registers:
- Register of Allotments
- Register of Transfers
- Register of Members
- Register of Directors
- Register of Secretaries
- Register of Directors' Interests
- Register of Mortgages and Charges
- Preparing and filing Companies House forms recording:
- Changes of officers
- Changes of registered office
- Increases in share capital
- Allotments of shares
- Changes of accounting reference date
- If required, acting as company secretary of your company
- If required, providing your company with a registered office address
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you with your Company Secretarial duties.
Corporate financial planning
Finance is the lifeblood of any business.
At every stage in its growth a business needs to maintain a balance between a positive cashflow and adequate working capital on the one hand and a reasonable return on investment on the other.
Directors' drawings, shareholder dividends, and debt repayments need to be carefully orchestrated to ensure that the smooth running and continued growth of the business are not jeopardised.
Moreover, while proper provision needs to be made for possible external changes such as economic downturns or fluctuations in exchange rates or interest rates, and internal changes such as temporary or permanent loss of key employees, it is equally important that any finance raised by the business is are made to work for the business.
All these matters require a keen, professional eye to develop and constantly adjust an appropriate and flexible finance structure for your company.
Then there are the special finance requirements for business expansion, mergers and acquisitions, MBOs, and MBIs. Preparing business plans and finance applications and identifying and approaching appropriate lending sources require expertise and professional insight if the best possible results are to be achieved.
Finally there are the financial implications of ensuring a suitable exit route for the current business owners.
These are all matters on which we are qualified to advise and guide your business.
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you with your corporate financial planning.
Corporate tax planning
We can conduct a full tax review of your business and determine the most efficient tax structure for you.
Very often such reviews result in considerable tax savings, which show up as real improvements in your bottom line.
As with any other area of taxation, it is essential to be proactive and plan ahead when dealing with corporation tax.
In this way you can:
- Minimise your corporation tax liabilities
- Make the most of any available reliefs, tax losses and deferment opportunities
- Ensure you meet all your CTSA deadlines and file your returns correctly, thereby avoiding any potential penalties
In addition to helping you with your corporate tax planning we can also represent you in any communication with the tax authorities.
Why take up valuable time and resources dealing with corporation tax when we can do it for you?
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you stay ahead of the game in corporate tax planning.
Administering payroll is becoming increasingly burdensome for many businesses, taking more and more time and resources away from core business functions.
Fortunately payroll can easily be separated from your other accounting activities and outsourced to a specialist agency such as our team of payroll professionals.
We offer a completely confidential and cost-effective service that includes:
- Standard payroll reports (weekly, monthly or annually as required)
- Production of year-end P60s
- Customised and generic e-payslips
- Taxable benefits and annual P11Ds
- Advice on tax and NIC payable
- Dealing with employee enquiries
We can advise and deal with all the following:
- Starters and leavers
- Tax code changes
- Student loan recovery
- SMP, SPP, SSP, and SAP
- Child maintenance orders
- Give as you earn
- Pay in lieu of notice redundancy
Contact us today to discuss how we can help you save you time and money with your payroll administration.
VAT can be the bane of everyone affected by it. The complex regime of regulations imposes a tremendous administrative burden on businesses.
With the rate being so high, mistakes in calculating VAT can be costly - and the rigid system of penalties and interest charges for mistakes and the late submission of returns adds to that burden.
Our cost-effective VAT compliance and planning services can relieve you of this burden.
Our team of VAT professionals will help to keep your VAT affairs in order, make sure you are collecting the right amounts for each transaction, and ensure that you make payments and file returns correctly and on time.
In addition to providing a comprehensive bookkeeping and VAT accounting service, we can also advise on and help with:
- The pros and cons of voluntary registration
- The timing of compulsory registration
- Extracting maximum benefit from the rules on de-registration
- Partial exemption
- Timing and delaying VAT payments
- Flat rate VAT schemes
- VAT on imports and exports
- VAT control visits by Customs and Excise
Contact us today for a VAT health check and to see how we can relieve you of the burden.